Monday, May 18, 2015

Living the good life

So I have a funny story... I'm sure most of you moms out there will appreciate it. We have recently gotten some new neighbors across the street. Very nice people who happen to have twins (a boy and girl) Ceej's age. Ceej I'm pretty sure is over the moon about this. Miss M is still wondering who they are and Bubba is coming right along playing with them as well. But Ceej, he is my social butterfly who will say hello to just about anyone that will give him the time of day! He wants to go over there to play or invite them over here to play all the time!

Well a couple of weekends ago JDub decided to borrow my dad's Jeep for the weekend. He and my dad have tricked it out and it looks pretty sharp. Well the wife was out of town for the weekend and came home late Sunday night. Her kids came running out to "greet" her and while the mom was hoping for a "Hi Mom we missed you!" scenario... instead she was greeted with a "the neighbors got a JEEP!!!" LOL. Too funny.


My devotional had a few bible verses for me and this one seems to stick with me today...

Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. -Philippians 2:15 MSG

Ah "the good life". I'm glad the Message version said glimpse here. It makes me feel a little better about myself. And it seems a little more achievable as well. There are plenty of glimpses of the good life and happy times in my day. There are of course chances of seeing me becoming unglued and yelling at my children and not have enough patience as well. But thank you God for your grace and understanding. You know that we can't be perfect people and that we constantly need to lean into You.

Here's to a glimpse of good living. I pray you'll see some in my life and in yours as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)