Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Crocodile party

When I asked Ceej what he wanted for his birthday cake this year he said "A CROCODILE!!" I was like really? Are you sure?! He stuck to his guns and was very adamant... so I went searching on Pinterest to see what I could find... I initially found some but ended up making it up as I went along. See I don't have a huge freezer... and I made all this from 1 9x13 cake pan.

It was just a regular cake mix... and I used store bought frosting to "dirty ice" the cake. Then I made my own buttercream/marshmallow creme frosting at the end. I saved some white but used green dye on the rest. Then I used m&m's for his toenails and scales along his back (and his eyes too).




Crickey!!! It's a croc cake!

I decided to go with simplified goodie bags... The croc just couldn't keep away!


I wanted to come up with something to put in the goodie bags and I saw so many things about slime... so I tried out the whole borax and glitter glue... my first batch was better than the 2nd one... but the kids had fun with it either way. I really wanted to try one that wasn't so toxic... but I already had Borax on hand...

When I was looking for supplies at Michael's I came across that cool Kinetic sand! The kids were loving it so I bought some along with some mini crocs and alligators to play in it for the party.


Ceej was able to bring a homemade snack for his birthday (an unusual occurrence now-a-days with allergies and what-not...) So I made these cute croc nutter butters. I found them from pinterest! I didn't have the white heart sprinkles the original post called for... so I just dipped their mouths in some sprinkles I had on hand.



We had his party out at a campsite! I really wanted to do some kind of obstacle course... but I was/am exhausted from all the birthday craziness... so we just had fun with the sand and slime and the rocks at the campsite too :)



2 comments:

  1. i just have to say you are really good at writing, and should keep it up. also, good at making me feel like i should be better at coming up with fun things for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! That means a lot to hear that from you. I know I haven't been posting as much as I would like to..... life just seems to keep getting in the way :) I highly recommend pinterest for fun things to do with the kids. We really need to get together sometime!!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)