Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Star Wars Halloween

Well I didn't think I would be able to top last years' Halloween.....

But I sure had to try! Little Miss M was really making it hard though... She refused to put on the costume! You'd think I was trying to put her in a straight jacket. She finally pulled through (or JDub did anyway!) and she wore it on Halloween :)

Star Wars is kind of a big deal around our household... here's a small glimpse of the random toys I could find around the house... there are tons more..







Thankfully I found Ceej's costume on sale last year after Halloween. And most of Bubba's Darth Vader I already had from Star Wars day at the library a while back...  JDub played along with a $2 vest my mom found at a consignment shop. I found most of mine at consignment as well. I did buy the white leggings from JCPenney b/c well they're cute and I'll wear them!
 
I'd say the most tricky part was trying to figure out how I was going to get the Princess Leia buns... I did just donate 10 inches of my hair so I opted for some yarn buns. I used the only yarn I had... a light brown and a few strands of orange. I wish I would have used a darker brown... but it was the only yarn I had at the time. I used my sock buns and they worked like a charm. Thank goodness for bobby pins and hair spray. All in all it was great Halloween. Oh and I did make Ceej's jet pack too! Out of Coke bottles, some foam and spray paint! Oh and don't forget the duct tape too.

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!?








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)