Monday, April 7, 2014

Look Whoos One!

Oh my... my little girl is 1 now!? I know I know... everyone says it... but it's soo true! Time passes by so quickly. I can hardly believe she is 1! I kept it pretty low key this birthday. I made a few things though!

I found this bead pattern on Pinterest! Owl key-chains for the kiddos.



having extra cardboard on hand was great!
I used crepe paper streamers to create this.





I bought the cute scrap paper from Michael's and created the banner. If you look closely you can see on the "L" I tried using Elmer's glue... BAD IDEA! It made it all wrinkly... so I switched to a glue stick for the rest of the letters. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with black letters... but it worked out ok. I was able to cut 3 large triangles from each 12x12 piece o paper.

I made some cute owls and took a bunch of white tinsel and strung it up for the background! Buying all of that tinsel after Christmas was a steal.

Miss M really enjoyed her cake! :) I think it was the butter-cream frosting that she enjoyed the most. She was surprising cleaner than the boys after their first cake encounters.... I didn't even have to change her outfit after she ate it!?

I'm working on preparations for the next bday celebration! Ceej wants dinosaurs... so since I've already had one dino bday... it shouldn't be too hard to do another right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)