Friday, July 26, 2013

Kitchen Decor

So what can you do with a sweet old calendar and cheap frames from the Dollar General?!!





This is where this is funny... b/c I have literally been meaning to post this for a year?! Ok maybe not a year... but it feels like forever. I took these pictures forever ago (we have since gotten a new fabulous kitchen table and this one, which I thought was ruined, has been restored beautifully by my Father-in-law!) and kept meaning to post and here they are... months later..

But I finally got around to it b/c I added something else recently.....


So my mom bought this quote a while back..... she didn't end up using it so she gave it to me! I thought oh cool, when she brought it. But I have to be honest I was side-tracked and didn't even read what it said. Then I came across it the other day and thought I'm gonna put it up! Then... I read it... and pretty much laughed out loud!

See... mealtimes are NOT fun for me most days... I mean do children really have to eat 3 meals a day... along with snacks... jeez... its a little excessive! (I jest.... kind of...) Ugh. I mean can I be real for a minute? Wait what am I saying... of course I CAN!! IT'S MY BLOG!!

There are days where I'm laying in bed tired in the morning and they run back "Mommy can you fix me food?!" And I'm like "In a minute....." then they proceed to watch 30 more minutes of TV while I snooze... then I wake to crinkling in the pantry and they've found the pop-tarts! SWEET! That'll give me some more time to sleep.... Then I eventually come out of my bedroom looking like a homeless cave woman to find crumbs EVERYWHERE. Not just on the floor, or in their chair... but in EVERY chair, all over the table.. somehow they crumbs have migrated into my shoes?! Jeez....

Then there are mornings where I actually get my butt out of bed! I cook up some bacon, eggs, toast... make coffee, get their juice... I have each plate made to their qualifications (Bubba wants honey on his toast while Ceej prefers jelly..... Bubba gets yogurt with strawberries on the side... Ceej gets yogurt with blueberries and strawberries in it) but what do I hear instead of a "Thanks Mommy!"........." I don't want bacon.... WHAAA" "I wanted apple juice, NOT orange juice." Then there's the spilling of the sticky juice (which happens at least once a week) or the feet on the table. Or the throwing of the food... and the eating with their hands instead of utensils... wiping their dirty little faces all over their clothes... Oh and my favorite (this is sarcasm if you can't tell...) is when they're standing up in their chairs messing around and they end up falling somehow, either out of the chair onto the floor or bumping into the marble table top or toppling their chair over all together and crying.... ugh. I have to deal with that 3+ times a day?! By myself majority of the time?! All while trying to shove food down my throat and breastfeed a baby at the same time because of course everyone else is eating why can't Miss M join in too?! Oh jeez... this just does not make for my fondest memories.

But alas... I digress.... I put this up kind of as a joke, and kind of as a goal. I want those times gathered around the table to be something I am fond of.... or more fond of. So here goes... I am going to try to take it one meal at a time... But honestly... when is the right age to let you child use the microwave... cause oatmeal really isn't that hard to make right?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Had to comment here because I SO know what you're going through! Ok, mine are 11, 9, and 7 and it DOES get nicer at meal times (although right now we are working on mealtime manners because they leave a lot to be desired at this house right now! :) Hang in there another 4 years ok :) (and keep that wall sticker up as hope for a better tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Mel! It's good to hear I'm not the only one who's been through issues at the table. I have to admit I have some pretty hilarious videos and pictures of those boys around the table... so at least there's that!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)