Sunday, November 18, 2012

Recycled bathrobe

So I have a few bathrobes..... I swear I have never bought myself one... but somehow acquired four!? So when I saw this one with stains from the cat barfing on it!!! I decided ok... we'll work something out.

I know its gross... but I didn't use any portion that had cat barf on it... and well I washed it shortly there after!

I liked the ribbed look of the portion around the collar and down the front, so I decided to make a cut along the seam down one side. I thought about using the side with the pocket... but then I'd have to rip it off and re-attach it b/c it would have been sideways!

I cut the belt in half and attached it to the sides for the new ties. I even decided to leave the belt loop on to hang it up when its not in use.


I did decide to make my own little pocket and sewed that to the front.




 After wearing it around (I looked ridiculous b/c of my big baby belly...) I decided I didn't care for the lilac color....

After stewing for roughly a half hour, a rinse and a wash.........


Here's my new apron/towel! I swear whenever I'm cooking I go to reach for a towel and the boys (JDub included) have taken it somewhere!!! Now the towel will be attached to me... they won't be able to take it away so easily :)

2 comments:

  1. I want you to make me one just like it - - - -I'm serious. I want an apron but I'm picky - I want it out of terry cloth and you can't buy them. I don't like the aprons you can buy. You can't wipe your hands on them! Please make me one for Christmas. lmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! If you are good at recycling, then perhaps you can apply your skill in making personalised bathrobes. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)