Monday, August 13, 2012

Refashionista inspiration

Ok... So I know I haven't re-fashioned much lately... for myself anyway... I just hadn't been inspired much I guess. Well thanks to my friend TJB!!!!! I found http://refashionista.net/ She is good!!! And so freaking tiny. So of course she can take just about anything (a pillowcase) and turn it into some sort of dress. It would take one gigantic pillowcase to do that for me... but anywho... her stuff is cute! You should check her out. I'll admit a lot of her dresses are duplicates... but they sure are cute!

Well I mentioned we had a garage sale a couple weeks ago... it wasn't too bad! I, personally, made over $100! Sounds good to me. Well of course not everything sold... and my mom had a few shirts in there too... I snagged this one!
it was a XL before
I don't know why I had never thought of it before.... but the refashionista just turns her stuff inside out and pins along where it needs to be taken in... and then sews along the pins... so much easier than cutting and repinning like I've usually  been doing. It does however make me wish I had a dress form!
see the yellow pins?!

i started where the flowy part of the sleeves started and moved on down....
however... i should have sewed on the other side of the pins!!! oh well...
So it turned out allright... not the best... but the material is soo soft and comfy! The boob area is the problem... See an XL obviously has room for some XL boobies... and mine are not so XL... I might have to go back and tweak it a little.

the boob area needs some help....
But hey, it is super comfy! It was still a little warm to wear for today... but I will def rock it in the cooler temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)