Thursday, August 9, 2012

2012 Summers ending....

Allright folks... I've been a little M.I.A. lately. My apologies! I've been watching kids, having garage sales, and JDub's been working over the weekends lately.

This summer just flew by didn't it?! Ok... so technically its not over, but its getting close! JDub has one more week of vacation coming up so that should be good. I'm a little sad we haven't been camping though... (we broke my parents camper last summer.... so maybe its a good thing b/c once you go camper, you don't really want to go back to tent...). I have a feeling we'll hit up a zoo somewhere... and get out and enjoy the weather.

Bubba starts preschool in a few weeks?! I can hardly believe it. He's growing up so fast. It's 4 days a week, but only in the afternoons (what is up with that?! They really just have it for like 5 hours...) He's a little hesitant about it, but hopefully will enjoy it! And don't you worry.. his birthday party is approaching fast! You'll get to see all the fun pirate stuff in September :)

For the last 2 weeks I've been watching a co-worker of JDub's daughter. I watched her earlier this year and she's such a sweetie. I came across this shirt I bought at a garage sale a while back.....


It was a Large, but still ran a bit small.... The arm holes were kind of tight you can see some holes that were forming on the sides from the straps that tied in the back.

I took it in a lot, b/c she is a tiny thing! And turned it into a dress. I put the straps back on so she could tie it in the back to have a better fit. It was pretty sweet when she wanted to wear it immediately and then she proceeded to wear it every day she came over! :) I'm not gonna lie it made me smile!

I also made a lil something for Bubba's "fort"

i backed it with fleece to make it a little heavier for hanging

and of course had to add some ties again!
Are you ready for summer to be over?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)