Monday, July 23, 2012

Smoothie anyone?!

I've been managing to work out about 4 days a week... sometimes its 5! And then sometimes its only 3.... but still... at least its something right?!

I have been making shakes/smoothies for my post-workout snack. They seem to be doing the trick! (keeping me lean and not hungry :0) This is one of my favorites; and its really simple.
Ingredients:
2 scoops of shake mix (I'm using Sweet Cream Visalus mix, but I'm sure any protein mix with a vanilla flavor would work)
1 banana
blueberries (I really don't measure but I'd say its 1 cup?)
about 5 or 6 ice cubes
and top it off with Vanilla Almond milk!


And did you know Mason jars will fit right onto your blender so you can make a shake right in the jar?! No worries about cleaning a big huge blender?! (Thank you Pinterest for that sweet nugget of info!)

Oh and a little side-note... not all mason jars fit my blender. I have one with a handle and it will not screw on tight enough.....

Anybody have a few mason jars they want to pawn off on me?!

1 comment:

  1. I have plenty of mason jars you can have. lmh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)