Monday, July 9, 2012

Pirates, nails and ice cream

I am slowly but surely getting prepared for Bubba's upcoming 4th birthday! I am terrible at keeping things a surprise. I almost always want to give people their presents prior to the occasion (whether its Christmas or birthdays). So yea since I'm working on all of these things and the party isn't until August I just can't contain myself! Here's a few things I've been working on!

pirate bird house $8 at Hancock Fabrics
When I was at Hancock picking out some fabrics I saw this little treasure an just couldn't pass it up! There's what it looked like when I bought it.....

And here's what it looks like now!

I'm pretty proud of it! I was debating whether or not to put red and white stripes on some of the sails... what do you think?! Should I stripe it up?!


Can't have a Pirate Party w/o a pirate flag flying! I found some scrap black fabric for the flag and the backing on my table runner. It was hard to find any cheap striped fabric!!! But I saw this gold and black and thought it would look nice on a table setting. The parrot and smaller, wooden pirate flag came with the boat/birdhouse. I just bought a cheap dowel for the flag pole and used white fleece for the skull and cross bones.

The bad thing about having all of these fun things around is the boys want to play with them constantly! I'm starting to worry they are going to get broken before the party even gets here... Its a good thing I haven't shown them any of the things I ordered from Oriental trading!

In other news.... I tried these awesome nail wrap applique things....

I have had them on for a week now and they still look great. I am loving them!! It took a little finesse to get them just right, but I didn't have to wait for them to dry! That is when I usually mess up the polish. I haven't applied them to my fingernails yet... I'm wondering how they'll hold up on my hands since I wash and use those a lot more than my toes! I'll have to find out soon though. I highly recommend them. Make sure you have some small, sharp scissors to trim the edges.

We have a new frozen yogurt place around here called Orange Leaf... its pretty sweet!!! I like it better than Cold Stone Creamery mainly b/c I don't feel like a brick is sitting in my stomach after I eat all that rich ice cream! But it gets a little expensive so when I saw this at Hy-Vee I thought I'd try it.
I tell you what..... IT IS GOOD!!! JDub doesn't really care for it... but he doesn't have a sweet tooth like I do. It is very comparable to the Birthday Cake Remix flavor from Cold Stone. And a whole lot cheaper too! Bake yourself a brownie and slap that on top and you'll be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)