Thursday, July 5, 2012

It was a weird night last night....

So hear's what I mean..... yea it was the 4th of July... and we got home a little late b/c of the fireworks! JDub had to be at work at 4:00 am...

Well sometime between going to bed and that 3:20 wake up call I did something I don't think I've ever done before?! It runs in the family... because my oldest sister does it... and my mom does it.... sleepwalking/talkin! Now I didn't exactly walk... but I did swat!

We have an infestation!!!! A Cicada Killer Wasp infestation. They are buzzing around like crazy in large numbers.. (or at least it seems like large numbers...) And I actually woke up screaming and swatting at one of those! I might have even swatted at JDub.....

So needless to say it was a restless night! When that 3:20 alarm went off and JDub "woke up" and showered.. and then the snooze proceeded to go off several times while I was laying there... I was still pretty out of it... until I thought I heard the door close... like he was leaving w/o his cell phone! So I proceeded to run outside.... in my underwear..... to flag him down to give him his phone..... lets just hope since it was nearly 4:00 am.....no one saw that!

But now after stocking up on hornet killer and reading up on these ginormous guys I'm hoping I'll sleep better tonight! (Turns out the males don't even sting... and the female one that should be around rarely stings... humans that is.. if you're a Cicada you're dead!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I had little aliens in my printer so I had to get up in the middle of the night and unplug the printer so they couldn't infiltrate my computer. lmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you all eat before you went to bed?! Lol

    DHP :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)