Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Atkins ready-to-eat shakes are delicious!

Since I started my Kosama workout... I've been sampling some different protein shakes and treats... I'm talking the ready-to-eat versions... I know you can buy protein powders and make your own shakes and all that.... but they say you should get a good serving of protein within 30 minutes of finishing your workout... and I can't exactly run a blender at 6:00 am :)

I had the unfortunate circumstance of up-chucking not once... but twice after eating certain protein bars and I just couldn't eat them anymore (my weird bout of the flu or whatever that was plaguing me a couple of months ago). They were ok... but pretty dry and I really did try to eat them a couple weeks after throwing them up but I felt like I would spew again so I gave them to JDub to keep in his work bag when he's on outages.

I have tried the Slim-fast ready-to-eat shakes (the Cappucino Delight I believe).... the Muscle Milk ready to eat (flavor vanilla creme) and the Atkin's ready-to-eat... I have to say that Atkin's is BY FAR the yummiest. Slim-fast tends to have a nasty, chalky aftertaste..... and the Muscle Milk was disgusting... I don't really know how to describe it... it was sweet... but a gross kind of sweet. I prefer real sugar myself... I like real sugar in my tea and coffee.. (I've tried stevia, Splenda, Sweet-n-low, Truvia..... nothing beats real sugar!!!) so whatever it was they were using to sweeten the Muscle Milk was not working for me. I bought the four pack and suffered through... but now I know!

As far as the Atkins varieties go... I have tried Vanilla, Cafe Caramel, and the Mocha Latte. They are all delicious! It's almost like you're drinking a real iced coffee!


The stats might not be as high as the Muscle Milk was... I believe it had 20g Protein... compared to the 15 of the Atkins... but I'll take 5g less when it tastes this good!!! I don't drink these to replace a meal or anything... I just usually chug it after my workout and then eat breakfast an hour or so later...

I know they're not the most cost effective way... but they are convenient. Just thought I'd share b/c they are sooo yummy! (I know my friend H has tried them and loved it as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)