Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's with boys and their forts?

Ok so I semi get this one... I mean if I were to have a "fort" it would look something like this!
Of course that won't happen b/c they would destroy all my hard work in about 5 seconds! But they have to have a fort everywhere! Just about in every room?! What is up with that?

this is the one in the basement

daddy constructed this one after an order from diapers.com.......
 this was at Christmas and don't worry it is still in the house :(
That is what JDub constructed while I was away... its apparently how he wants to spend his day off.

this is Bubba's bunk-bed fort
I don't mind the forts....... not really..... but Bubba's bed fort was becoming a problem!!! JDub decided to start this trend (thanks a lot) and then he wanted it all the time. The only problem was it kept falling... usually (conveniently) in the middle of the night and during nap-time. Bubba would scream bloody murder until someone would fix it. Initially we were shoving the blanket underneath the mattress of the top bunk. But that just wasn't covering it. This is an old-school electric blanket (that doesn't function as it was originally intended) that's kind of heavy due to the cords woven inside. I wanted to throw it out, but it is the only blanket that will cover the entire length of the bunk beds w/o "cracks" of light as Bubba calls them. So I did a little sewing :) Nothing special really.... but so far it is working out great!

I had these black strips of fabric leftover from my t-shirt quilt!!
t-shirt quilt! this was before the backing was added...
I sewed all this and took it to a professional for the quilting part

these strips were already cut! I'm so glad I hung onto them :)
Then I made them into straps! I tried to measure where they'd need to be to go around the side railings and all... my measurements were a bit off but hey... it works!


No more falling fort! For now anyway... Hopefully the straps will hold up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)