Thursday, March 29, 2012

A little "me" time :)

Last night I took a little time for myself... perhaps a little selfish considering what I could have been doing with my time... but eh... I don't really feel guilty about it. JDub's been out of town since Monday (don't worry, he's back tonight yay!!) And well when my in-laws offered to take the boys overnight I basically shouted YES!!

I'm not gonna lie... I pretty much did NOTHING all night. I dropped the boys off at 4:00 pm... went to my workout (it's hard to find a baby-sitter at 4:30 am) came home and dilly-dallied for a little while. Then I took a nice, hot shower. I'm talking the leisurely, take-your-time, exfoliate, micro-abrasion, shave, the whole kit-n-kabootle shower. I even ran out of hot water by the end of it! I was even able to apply my self-tanning lotion and had time for it to dry. An uninterrupted shower is something that is really taken for granted as a mom. There were no little fists pounding on the door. No "I have to go potty mommy" or grabby fingers pulling the shower curtain back letting all the cold air in!

Then I literally sat on my butt and read for hours!!! It was fantastic. I finished the rest of the Hunger games 1st book this morning!! I am eager to start the next. I really wanted to read it before seeing the movie :)

Now I'm ready for the weekend!!! Too bad its not Friday....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)