Friday, March 2, 2012

Butterfly kid craft

So I like getting crafty... hopefully that's pretty obvious from these posts... I get a little bored sometimes and want to make something! Originally I had planned these butterflies as an easy craft for my niece's rainbows-and-butterflies-birthday party theme.... but when Bubba came down sick, and he was really the only child who could participate for longer than 2 seconds (Ceej just has no patience for crafting....) I decided to try them out one afternoon.

I already had the googly eyes, pipe cleaners, and random poofs for the noses from when I did my reindeer beer birthday present for my father-in-law.

And I also had clothespins and coffee filters from my turkey place setting back on Thanksgiving.....

Its always funny how these crafts start out as something for the kids.... but then I end up doing most, if not ALL, of the work on it... oh well it keeps them entertained for a time and I have fun doing it usually :)

After I made noses on the butterflies, Bubba informed me that butterflies smell with their feet... so maybe the noses were unnecessary....



I cut the circular coffee filters into butterfly wings.... colored with marker.... sprayed with water (Bubba's favorite part!) and let them dry. That way they look sort of tie-dyed! Then scrunch the filters into the clothespin and there you go!

After the party of course I realized I had pinned this on Pinterest a while ago..........

That would have been a perfect party favor full of skittles! A little "taste the rainbow" action.... oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)