Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Monkey Pants

So there they are. My comfy, cute monkey pj pants. I have had them forever... but honestly they are pretty thin and the drawstring was kind of annoying me... I had to have the drawstring tight enough so when my boys decided to tug on my pants that they didn't fall down....... but then the string was always too tight to where I had to undo it every time I had to go to the bathroom! I hadn't worn them in a while and I had the idea to make my boys some matching pants!

Well that was the idea... but I got one pair finished and I couldn't wait to post! So here it goes...
I laid the pants down and realized they had 2 seams on each side... I figured my boys are little enough and these wide pants were wide enough that I could seam-rip the seams and sew me some new pant legs!
After semi-measuring Bubba and seam ripping........ I turned the pants inside out and pinned the new inside seams of the newly-formed legs. And sewed! I made sure to reinforce the seams with a zig-zag after I stitched a straight-stitch.
Then I cut across the top to make the new waist of the pants.

Bubba is so tiny I knew I'd have to adjust the top of the pants a bit.... I was really hoping to not have to put any elastic in there but I ended up cutting a strip of fabric and sewing it to the top.
Then I threaded the elastic through with a safety pin attached........

Here are the new mini-monkey pants :)
I think they're pretty cute... but JDub has informed me they are a little "girly"..... He says he's not sure if its b/c they used to be my pants... so he's seen me (a girl) in them.... or what... But I might have to find a girl to give them to.... I still have the other pant-leg to work with for Ceej, and I could maybe even keep the rest as capri's or shorts! We'll see :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I think they're fine for boys. Did I give you those monkey pants like when you were in High School? lmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. they aren't girly. if they were pink and the monkey had bows in her hair, maybe.


    also, the answer is yes to your question on my blog. You have created 3 things out of one....wrong direction on the clothing front girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)