Monday, January 23, 2012

Why Me?!

Have you ever uttered these words? I know I have.... pretty much on a daily basis... or some form of the words at least... Why me?.... Why am I sick yet again? What did I do to deserve this? Why can't I just go to the bathroom w/o a child interrupting me?! Why can't these kids just get along!? etc......

I've been trying to think of it in a different way lately... When I think "why me?" in a negative connotation... I'm trying to switch it around to... "why me.... why am I so blessed?" B/c honestly, I am. I have a wonderful husband who is employed and works hard. I have 2 beautiful boys at home that I have the privilege of raising myself. I have wonderful family in town, to not only spend time with, but also helps out when this momma needs a break.

Ya know bad stuff happens.... I don't really know why... but it does. It's just life I guess...

forrest gump.... it happens.......

When something bad is happening... small or large; Its often because I am distracted or I've lost focus on what's really important. It's so easy for this to happen to me. Whether its the boys fighting b/c I'm too involved in something else and not giving them attention; (like posting my blogs, or playing words with friends... its addicting!?") Or I'm just in a rut.... I need to snap out of it!


For all the wonderful things in our lives......... "why me?... why do I deserve these treasures and blessings?"
I saw this on Pinterest and instantly thought...... (I'd be screwed...) Sometimes in life its hard to stay positive and think of the good things. Don't let the every-day crap get you down! Remember to be thankful, and Who to thank when it comes time. Because there is a reason you are blessed.... and there's possibly a reason you're not remembering you're blessed (distractions....)

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Ephesians 2:4-6 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-- it is by grace you have been saved. 

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.

Next time I'm complaining and you remind me of my blessings... I will try not to want to punch you in the face... cause I'm realizing its a good thing to look on the bright side. :)

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)