Thursday, January 5, 2012

Play dough Recipe

Play dough recipe
3 Cups flour
1 1/2 Cups salt
3 Cups water
3 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 Cups vegetable oil
food coloring

So I've seen this recipe for play dough for a while... and I finally tried it while JDub was on vacation!!! It is super easy. And my boys have been loving it :)



I won't claim to have come up with this recipe myself....... But you can google play dough recipe and find some different ones :) (or search on Pinterest as well! That's what I did) This one actually makes quite a large batch... so if you're looking for something smaller you might want to try another.... or if you're good at converting... make it smaller! Or keep it as is, and give some away as gifts or for grandparents to keep at their place!

Play dough recipe
3 Cups flour
1 1/2 Cups salt
3 Cups water
3 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 Cups vegetable oil
food coloring

1. Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT the food coloring) in a medium saucepan (or large saucepan if you're messy like me!) A whisk works pretty well for this part. Once its smooth, add your food coloring! I had NEON colors and went with Neon Blue.

2. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, as it thickens.
My arms were killing me after stirring for so long... JDub had to take over and then he was tired too! (We are really out of shape so for most people I'm sure it would be nothing....)

3. When the consistency is to your liking..... get your counter good and covered in flour, and knead the dough! Add roughly 1/2 cup to 1 cup flour to get rid of the stickiness.

4. Whaa laa, you have homemade play dough! Be sure to store it in an airtight baggie or container.




 I've been using disposable Ziploc and Gerber baby food containers. They work really well.


My boys like using cookie cutters to make and mold shapes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)