Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kosama - a new me

Ok... so its not really a "new" me per se... more like the same ol' me... just hopefully in shape and feeling good! I was in a bit of a rut before I started working out again... very irritable... crabby... just wanting to sleep and lounge around all the time! Then some friends of mine told me about KOSAMA . It's like a group workout... instead of having a personal trainer there to tell you what moves to do and at what pace and repetition... you go to a big group class and do it all together! It's an hour class 6 days a week, for 8 weeks at a time. And the music is blaring, you get pumped up. I am really enjoying it.

Initially my friends were talking about it and I was like... yea... that could be fun... thinking no way I would do it. But then they were having a "friends and family" week where you could invite people all week long to see what it was like for FREE. I got sucked in..... and signed up. I'm glad though. I really do feel alot better these days. And as we speak (or as you are reading this) both Ceej and Bubba have icky coughs, and JDub is sick... but I'M NOT!! I know, I know... I probably just jinxed myself. But whatever, I'm feeling good! I'm hoping by the end of this 8 week course I'll look like this........
Haha... I know... its not realistic... first off b/c I am pastier than a vampire.... but hey I want to resemble this somewhat... My body hasn't been the same since I had kids... but I'm hoping to have some abs... instead of just flab!

I've been doing my best at eating better too. I rarely ate breakfast before I started this workout, but burning so many calories so early in the day; I'm starving when I get home! Here's my breakfast from Monday and today :)


ham and cheese omelet, grapes, coffee

peanut butter toast, grapes, sausage (I snuck another sausage link after this photo...), coffee
Now I need to work on drinking more water! I was sooo sore the first week of workouts... I kid you not, after the 2nd day I came home at 6:00 am to take my shower and asked if JDub could help me take my shirt off... that's how out of shape I was! Getting up at 4:30 am has been a little rough, but totally worth it so far :) It kind of brings me back to those days of detassling... getting up before the sun is even up.

 I LOVED detasseling (the money was great! :) ) Although I'm not getting paid to workout... I'm paying them... I'm lovin' it!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds a lot like Farrell's. Dan and I joined and we're on week 3. 3 days kickboxing and 3 days resistance bands. I've never worked out so hard in my life!! Our program last 10 weeks. Where is Kosama located? I had never heard of it. The nutrition part is pretty much just watching your carbs and protein. Not a weight loss plan just eatting heathier. No caffeine except on your 1 free day if you choose and 80 oz of water a day. I like it since it pushes me big time!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)