Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holey gray sweatpants, batman!

Ok so I forgot to take a before picture.... my bad... but if you have boys... or had "boys" at some point... you can picture what these pants looked like before (extremely holey in the knee). Boys are rough on clothes... because well... they're rough in general! Or at least my boys are. And when you go to garage sales.... and get hand-me-downs from older cousins.... clothes seem to develop holes that much quicker! These gray sweatpants were perfect for this idea I found (on Pinterest... its getting kind of embarrassing not coming up with my own ideas anymore... but I still get the credit for completing them right?!).

I figured instead of doing a usual type of patch... I'd have a cute monster mouth one! These were just scraps of fabric (Don't throw away your scraps... give them to me! ha) I had on stash... the red is from an old sweatshirt, but I flipped it and used the inside-out, to give it a different texture. The teeth are scraps from an old ribbed tank-top. The eyes are white fleece with blue puffy paint on top!


While I thought Bubba would be thrilled to wear his new Monster mouth pants... instead he ran around screaming saying he was scared of monsters........ (I blame JDub and making him watch the old-school Rudolph with the Abominable Snow Monster... which is pretty hilarious to hear him repeat.....)


On another note.... It was my father-in-law's bday over the weekend and I thought I'd get him something you can consume.... and something that was cute :)

reindeer beer

I hope you have your Christmas shopping done....I'm almost done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)