Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tag blanket

So you give a baby a toy and what do they go straight for?......... THE TAG! I've actually had a few of the Taggie brand clothes... and the boys enjoyed wearing them and playing with all the tags too. Then I saw a gal at church with a tag blanket for her baby!? What a great idea... of course I go straight to Pinterest and search and see what I can find... I found this nice tutorial click here if you'd like to see it! Now I didn't get all fancy like she did with the crinkle material corner... and I ended up just using scraps around my house... so really next time I'll have to get some really cute stuff... but here it is!




It was beyond easy... I made the whole thing (cutting fabric to size, cutting the ribbons, pinning sewing, even ironing) while the boys took their afternoon nap! I had some scrap fleece from my mother-in-law, the white is leftover from my toga and all the ribbon I already had! I think they'd make perfect baby gifts :) I'll have to invest in some cute fabric and ribbons now!

Let me know if you see any good deals out there?! (Especially ribbon it can be insanely expensive sometimes!)

2 comments:

  1. Watch for 50 percent off at fabric stores on ribbon. Plus WalMart has a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobby Lobby usually has ribbon for half off - I know it's kind of a drive for you - but might be worth it!
    <3 - tjb

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)