Monday, January 2, 2012

State String Art

I saw this picture on Pinterest and thought it was super cool!!

You can find the gal's tutorial here------- string art

All you need is a piece of wood, nails, a printer, and some thread! I printed off a picture of Tennessee..... taped it to the wood and measured where each nail would go. This was a present for my dad, and since he's from east Tennessee that's why I placed the little heart there :) You can still see part of the paper I ripped off under the heart here...

I used some white fingernail polish... and then orange on top to paint the heart. Go Vols!!!

At first I had some crocheting thread but that was just too thick... so I changed to some white thread I had already.


I tried some different patterns and decided with this sunburst one... It was kind of hard to keep the thread taught but it worked! At the end of it I just had to tie it in a knot on one of the nails.

I kind of want to make an Iowa one now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)