Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Women of Faith 2011 Conference

Oh my goodness I just had the privilege of attending the Women of Faith Conference in St. Paul, MN!!! It was sooo much fun. We had a group of 13 women from our church attend. It was very inspiring... kind of like a re-charge for your christian batteries :)

We had fun in the van on the way there... it was a tight squeeze but we managed :) A BIG thanks to a local church who let us borrow the van so we didn't have to rent one or drive in separate cars!

We headed to the Mall of America and Ikea while we were there too!! I really wasn't planning on spending that much money.. but what can you do when you find dresses for $10 and under?! I couldn't pass them up! Here's some pics of the dresses..... you can still see the $7 tag on one :) The two on the left are from H&M, and the maxi-dress was from Macy's :)
Cute huh?!
Ok back to Women of Faith....

We had some wonderful speakers!
Sheila Walsh
Dr. Henry Cloud
Luci Swindoll
Angie Smith
Lisa Harper
Nicole Johnson

They were all pretty funny too! So that was refreshing. I like some good, clean, comedy myself! The Praise Team was really great too. They were all color-coordinated for every performance.

All the speakers had interesting messages. One of my favorites (and for the whole church group as well) was Henry Cloud's on "Necessary Endings" and how to have a happy, fulfilling life, there has to be "death" in certain areas in your walk. We all need to take a close look at our lives and see what areas need "Pruning"....
Just like with roses...
1. they will produce too many buds to sustain
2. some buds are "sick" and will not get any better
3. some buds are "dead" and in the way

It could be a toxic relationship....... it could be your participation in a certain club or group that takes too much time. He also mentioned that happy people are givers. But there is a difference between giving, and being stolen from. I found that to be a really good point. If you are not appreciated for the things you are giving out....... and people are just taking your talents and trust for granted you will be bitter, and in turn unhappy. Therefor take a look at your life... Are you on a road to happiness? If you're spread too thin you need to have some necessary endings in order to enter the next season of your life.

He also mentioned enabling people... and how it needs to stop. Because not only are you not helping these people become fully-functioning adults..... but you are carrying around their needs as your own! Which is too much.... we all should realize we aren't meant to carry around our burdens... but leave them at the cross with God!

Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you: he will never let the righteous fall.

I know easier said than done... believe me... but we all need little friendly reminders right?!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo cheap and SUPER cute! I especially LOVE the green one. So Madmen <3! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)