Monday, October 17, 2011

Quiet Book #1

Ok... so much for input out there people!?! J/k.... I know my mom is just about the only one who reads this... and well she's out of town and prolly NOT checking my blog :)

I did end up doing flaps with numbers on the 2nd to last page :) It took a while to put everything together... and I had to get my seam-ripper out b/c I messed up a couple times.... But here she is!!! Or I guess I should call it a "he" since its more boy-themed than girl :)







I saw this website on Pinterest of course... and wanted to try my hand at it! After browsing around and seeing other peoples' quiet books I pulled some ideas and got started!

I really liked how clean and simple the original inspiration quiet book was... but honestly I got lazy.... so that's why you see alot more puffy paint rather than nice, felt lettering :)



I was going to add a "Vroom Vroom" on there somewhere...
or maybe a little puffy paint house at the end of the road..





So I haven't let the boys play with it that much yet.... I kind of want to save it for church! I'll have to let you know how it goes on Sunday :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Laura! You are so creative!!! And p.s....I read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jUST CHECKED YOUR blog. You were right, I haven't been online for awhile (kinda refreshing) - anyway, the book looks great. You should make a bunch for gifts for people. (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really did give some thought to input, but we came up with nothing. Sorry we aren't as creative as we used to be!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)