Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shirring again on a shirt this time!


I've been meaning to work on this shirt for sometime.... its kind of funny I'm working on it on the hottest day of this week though!! Initially I thought I would get a piece of elastic and kind of "cinch" the waistline in a bit. The shirt is very cute. Its hard to see but the buttons are acutally pearl buttons so they shimmer a little when the light hits them just right. I just wanted to make the shirt fit a little tighter and make it look like a have a little more of an hourglass figure... not just a boxy shape :)

After I've been shirring so many things


I figured I could use shirring for this shirt as well! I'll spare you the details and setting you should put your sewing machine on. You can click HERE if you want to look back at my past blogs to see how to get set up :)

And here is the finished product!!


It's a pretty subtle change... but I like it!!! I'm looking forward to wearing it on the upcoming cooler fall days :) And yes... that is JDub's paused Halo game... haha.. at least he'll pause to take photos for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)