Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rough week...

It has been a rough week around this household.... Poor lil Ceej came down with a cold Monday...... you would not believe the amount of snot coming out of this kid... it is nasty... Not the way I wanted to start my week off... but eh? What can you do? For the most part he was in good spirits... had a fever on and off which I gave him tylenol for when he started to get lethargic.....

On Thursday that cold then turned into an ear infection....... Shortly after making this yummy afternoon "snack" for myself.........

Heeeey Home-made Iced Coffee!!!

Ceej awoke from his nap not a happy camper. JDub had gotten home a lil early from work so I could go mow the lawn. (Yes you heard right!! This Momma mows the lawn! Mainly b/c I enjoy time away from the kiddos... and JDub doesn't think I do a terrible job :) I'll leave the snow-blowing to him this winter though!) When I came back in he said Ceej was not doing well.... and he wasn't!! He was bawling uncontrollably and tuggin on his ear... After a trip to Urgent Care (Where Ceej proceeding to cry like a banshee the entire time the doctor was checking him out....... this might have been to my advantage though b/c he prescribed him some pain drops to put in his ear directly! He said most doctors won't prescribe them, but seeing as he was witnessing my child cry in pain an grabbing his ear he was being nice and wanted me to get some sleep :) and then another trip to get meds we were back home. Those drops were AMAZING... he was like a little zombie not moving an inch for 20 minutes and then those kicked in and he was running around like his crazy self. Funny how all you want your kids to do is be quiet and still until they are sick. Then all you want is for them to get better and run around again!

And now JDub is sick......... and Bubba has been sneezing... While Ceej slept pretty good Thursday night... he was up  ALL night last night... and even made it back into our bed to sleep b/c Mommy was out if it.... He then proceeding to kick me in the face all night b/c heaven forbid that he sleep with his head at the top of the bed... no it had to be in the middle! Oh my goodness...

The Cyclones beat the Hawkeyes today! whoo buddy :) I'm a Panther (UNI) at heart b/c that's my alma mater... but ISU is 2nd b/c I spent many a weekend there as well :) I'm not going to say anything about Ceej's sleeping right now b/c I don't want to jinx it!! But here's hoping we all get well and next week is better!

As for my home-made iced coffee.......... here's what I do!

It's coffee, sugar, and  whole milk (its what the boys drink and skim just doesn't cut it for me). I also add whip creme and drizzle caramel on top!!!

I keep some cold coffee in the fridge most of the time during the summer for when an iced coffee feels right. I like my coffee strong, and I think that really works best for iced coffees b/c when you add ice to it, it melts and can get too watery tasting otherwise. Before the coffee cools I add the sugar so it dissolves quickly, (I like mine sweet!!) depending on how much coffee is in there... I usually use around 1/4 a cup of sugar for under a half a pot of coffee. I then put that in a container in the fridge for later! Once that's cooled I fill a glass with ice, pour the coffee/sugar combo in, around 2/3, add the whole milk, and leave room for the whip creme and drizzle caramel! It's soo yummy :) I use to make it just the coffee, sugar, and milk....... but its soo much better with the added goodies on top!

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are looking up. I remember well exactly what you said. You want your kids to sit down and be quiet. Then when they're sick you want them up running around! lmh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)