Monday, September 5, 2011

Pillow talk

Ok now that I have your attention..... Let's talk pillows. So my first pillow has some issues... I was just starting out and didn't really know what I was doing... I was looking at a site for inspiration and of course the lady is all "just make your standard pillow... you all know how to make a standard pillow right?!" And here I am thinking no... no I DON'T know how to make a standard pillow.... so that's why I went with the snap route! I couldn't figure out how to close the pillow up without hand stitching everything and I did not want to do that!

my first attempt at a pillow
Then I came across this wonderful site Ruffles and Stuff . Ok first off... this lady is great?! She has so many fabulous tutorials that are VERY easy to follow along with. Her pictures are stunning as well. I know "thou shall not covet" but man I am jealous of all her photography. I know I keep saying it but I wish I had a nice camera/had the knowledge to take some decent photos.... The link above is just for the pillow tutorial. But I encourage you to browse her site cause it is amazing!!

First I found this old shirt I had... I had stashed it away in our storage room b/c apparently I felt it was "too cool" to give away to goodwill!

Haha Yea I thought I was pretty cool in high school and even wore this shirt for my 11th grade school photo! What a dork....


I even found her tutorial on some no sew flowers and added one to my pillow too!

Here's my new pillow!! It's pretty small.. but its a cute little accent pillow for our bedroom. I just know JDub loves having a "discoqueen" pillow with bling on the bed :)

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)