Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Softball and sewing!

My church softball league has officially come to an end :( I had soo much fun on the team this year!! I played a couple years back right after Bubba was born... but I was pretty bad. I have to say this year, I was pretty good!! Sure I had my moments of being terrible... last night's game I didn't make it on base at all!! But I also had some great moments... A catch out in right field.... a few catches on 2nd base to get people out.... I even had some RBI's!!! Last night's final game was a doozy...


First off... we hadn't been able to play this team yet. We went in undefeated.... and this team was ranked 2nd. Every time we were suppose to play this team, it got rained out!! So we were ready to dominate. We were down to 9 players there for a minute... but our last guy came just in the nick of time!! We were up to bat first.. it remained a close game each inning. We'd have some good plays... and some bad ones... some good hits... or no hits (I struck out 3 times!!!) We got down to the last inning.... we were up to bat the score was 7-6 (we were ahead)... We knew we needed to get some runs... we ended up only getting 1 more.. but at least we were ahead. Since we were up to bat first, that meant the other team was up to bat last... so we had to keep them from getting any more runs.... 2 up to bat... and 2 outs!!! We were doing good... then they hit an infield fly to me!! I called it and........ CAUGHT IT!!! One of my great catches this year! And an awesome way to end the season too.

We almost made it through the year w/o any injuries... A gal took a softball to the shin on our team....

And I decided to stop a ball with my thumb instead of my glove!! It really isn't too bad... just a lil swollen and blue..

But all in all I have to say it was a great summer of softball!!

AND NOW TO THE SEWING....
I decided to do some altering and mending this week... I had some goucho pants that were a lil big... they were great when it came to using them as maternity pants.. but they were just soo comfy I wanted to be able to wear them whenever!!!
Before...slightly too large...


I marked areas on each side where I wanted to shirr....
I lined up the foot of my machine with the last line of shirring and went to town :)

Finished product!!! Both sides look like this and they acutally fit now! No gap :)

This tank top is a maternity tank :) But I still find myself wearing it b/c its a great color... and its so nice and long! Here's me wearing it when I was preggo with Ceej :)

It had developed a hole!!! I had to buy some purple thread but I have to say my stock on colored thread is really coming along now :)
And after!! No more hole :)


1 comment:

  1. the shirring should stretch, right? so you can still wear them if you have another baby...

    (lol)
    -flh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)