Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heaven is for real y'all!

Heaven is For Real, by Todd Burpo is a wonderful book I finished reading recently.. Let me just tell you........ I LOVE this book.


I don't want to tell you too much b/c you just need to drop what you're doing and read it right now!! Seriously... you can borrow my nook, I have it on there, and read it in one day.. one night even (my mom did while babysitting my boys!)

If you have ever lost a child... YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK......
If you have every lost anyone for that matter..... YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.......
If you are a christian.... YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK........
If you are not a christian........ YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.......

Ok, really I'm done with that. But this is such a good book. It's about a family telling their true story about how their 4 year old son literally went to heaven while under anesthesia during a major surgery. Later he recalls vivid details of what Heaven is like... he meets family members that have passed... and learns alot as well. I don't know if you are a believer or not... but I  know I am... and I would be nowhere in this life without God. I know first-hand the awesome power of prayer... and reading this book just gave me goosebumps.

I could not stop talking about this book when I was reading it. I would read a little bit and then run to JDub and tell him all about it... He is refusing to read the book though.. prolly b/c I literally told him everything in it b/c I just could not stop! I wanted to tell everyone about it!! I've already gotten 2 people to read it and they loved it too!!

This book has given me hope, reassurance, and its just uplifting. It made me laugh... it made me cry (alot) and it has inspired me to get even closer to God. It is a very easy read (only 150 pages) and I really think you will enjoy it. I know this life on earth is just a temporary thing... I'm looking forward to leaving and seeing Jesus in heaven. And I hope to see you there too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)