Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A day in the life of a Stay at Home Mom...

6:37a.m. -7:30 a.m.
Ceej is babbling/whining in his crib. I grab him out and bring him to my bed to snuggle/nurse. I sing a few hymns to spend a little time with the Lord and try to lull him back to sleep for a lil while longer... no luck!

7:30 am
Bubba wakes*, comes to my room and says "I thought I heard something in here!"

*this kid rarely sleeps past 7:00 a.m. (when his clock turns green) but it was stormy and dark this morning.

7:45 am
Turn the living room TV on for the boys while I start some laundry and pick up after JDub (I swear he always leaves a mess in that bathroom in the morning!!)

8:00 am
Bubba wants his milk (which still HAS to be warmed up...) Its Super Why time! And of course Ceej must have his own cup of milk or there will be a knock down-drag-out...

8:15 am
Ceej comes whining/banging on the bathroom door... No a girl can't even pee w/o being interrupted...and of course he needs a new diaper!

8:30 am
TV off, its breakfast time! I let the boys pick out their oatmeal flavors and before I can get the oatmeal made Ceej is "organizing" the pantry for me... I really need to remember to shut that door.

8:32 am
Yay for coffee! I start my 1/2 a pot of dunkin donuts :)

8:35 am
Just remembered to look for the milk cups! Good thing b/c one had rolled under the couch...

8:40 am
Mid-meal realize I forgot to pray. I've been trying to get in the habit of doing it every meal time... so I ask Bubba if he will....
"Thank you God for blessing us and thank you for our food and the rain.. Amen!"

8:45 am
Bubba says "I forgot to pray some more... I just have to figure out how to get my hands together.....Dear God, Thank you for today. Thank you for the rain that's making our grass nice and green....Amen!"
This kid will even pray to stall and not have to eat....

8:46 am
Its the "How do ducks learn to fly?" joke again... (They just 'wing it'... get it?!)  I pleasantly remind him its breakfast time and he needs to eat.

8:47 am
Ceej throws his spoon across the room and says "AAAAhhh Ggnnnn" a.k.a. "all gone." While his oatmeal really isn't all gone, apparently he is all done, so I finish off what he hasn't eaten and clean up a little bit while still coaxing Bubba to finish up.

9:00 am
Ellen is on! While I've kind of taken a break from watching her show during the summer... I decide I'm in the mood this morning, I go ahead and turn it on and Ceej and I join in and do a little dance with her. Bubba is of course still sitting at the table... attempting to eat...

9:05 am-10:00 am
Finally Bubba is has finished and after the 2nd round of clearing the table we head to the basement.


Bubba's reason for ALWAYS wanting to go downstairs... his "fort"
This is when I usually let the boys run free down there and play while I watch Ellen and sew/browse internet/do laundry... etc. I spend most of the time breaking up fights and stopping tantrums. There are a couple time-outs for hitting... I refill my coffee (you should really try the Coffee Mate White Chocolate Caramel Latte creamer... sooo yummy!!!)

9:50 am
Ceej is getting cranky and I lay him down for his morning nap. He goes down nicely :) yay!!

10:00-10:50 am
TV is off, its free time/play with just Bubba. Usually he has fun on his own... no need for Mom b/c little brother isn't stealing toys from him! I ask Bubba if he wants a snack and of course he asks for candy. He did eat his breakfast... so I let him choose a starburst! (he gets his sweet tooth from me!!)

This is what Ceej decided to do with some stickers yesterday... throw them on the floor.
Bubba helps me switch the laundry and then found some stickers in his Thomas the Train book. At first he drops them all over the floor too!


Then I manage to convince him to put them on his train table instead.

10:50 am
Bubba announces "I'm ready to go upstairs!" I remind him we need to pick up before we leave. This has been a work in progress for me... I find if I make him clean up one room before leaving to another I'm in a better mood when we return to that room later. Otherwise I'm the only one doing all the picking up... Of course it takes a lot longer getting him to do it...

Do as I say and not as I do though... this is what my sewing table looks like right now?!

Yikes!! Can you spot the dinosaur I'm working on?
But if I clean it up every time then I don't think I'd ever get any sewing done at all.......

11:08am
Ceej awakes from his nap! I try to put laundry away while Bubba "checks on Ceej". He returns from Ceej's room to tell me that "He's still grumpy" which he sure is........ I try to snuggle him and rock him but he throws his paci across the room (he likes to throw anything and everything across the room if you haven't figured that out!) and yanks on my shirt. Apparently he wants to nurse!

I am really trying to wean him... but it is hard...

11:20 am
What's for lunch!?

Of course Ceej is finished eating before Bubba once again...

12:00 pm
Potty break for Bubba. This happens at least once a meal-time b/c it takes him soooo long to eat. I spend the rest of lunch keeping Bubba on task (actually eating his food not tapping and banging on the table... or talking) and also keeping Ceej away from Bubba as to not distract him further!

12:10 pm
I decide Bubba's close enough, make him eat 2 more bites before getting down and I clean up.

12:15 pm
I ask Bubba if he wants to play in the backyard or go to the store? He chooses the store excitedly, but his smile quickly fades when I tell him its Hy-Vee and NOT Wal-Mart we will be going to. (He likes to see the fish at Wal-Mart, but Mommy likes the meat at Hy-Vee and the double shopping carts too!)

I give him the choice of Hy-Vee or backyard and he still chooses Hy-Vee.

12:20 pm
After 5 minutes of trying to get ready I decide to pop in "Ceej's movie" a.k.a. Baby Einstein while I get ready. I couldn't even brush my teeth w/o hearing someone crying from the other room!

The boys quickly run to the couch, plop down, and wait patiently for the movie!

12:40 pm
While the video is finishing up I decide to retrieve the garbage can and recycling bin from the curb.The boys must have heard me and ran to the front window to watch. Looks like we missed the trash in the garage which was full of maggots! Oh joy... that will be fun to have all week......

12:55- 1:50 pm
We area finally loaded into the car after finding matching shoes for both boys, a potty run, and a retrieval of a pacifier!

Of course the second we pull in the lot Bubba is saying he wants to ride in a car. But honestly have you pushed those carts that look like cars?! It is NOT easy... they are a pain in my butt. The double-wide ones are bad enough. So I have to tell him that "Mommy doesn't do car carts... sorry..." I browsed the balloons for the upcoming Dino party (YAY!! They have a happy bday dinosaur balloon!!) which could have ended badly since we didn't leave with a balloon... but they were good!

A nice man re-stocking veggies tells me they have a new policy where children under 12 can get a free banana and can eat it while they are shopping! Heck Yes!!! That kept them occupied for a lil while.... got Ceej a lil messy but eh he's always messy.

At the checkout Bubba says "I want a sucker". I politely remind him that is not how we ask for something... and then the man mouths to me "can they have one?" I give in. They were really good at the store after all. You should have seen their little faces light up! And Bubba did say "Thank you".

So I don't know why he loves seeing fish when he gets a banana and a sucker from Hy-Vee.... but we head back home.

1:50 pm
I let the boys roam the fenced in back yard while I unload the groceries... I really should have let that sucker thing go b/c Ceej is an absolute disaster... why can't they just hold onto the stick?!

I say a little prayer b/c this Momma is running out of patience between the fits and sticky mess...

2:05 pm
I read Bubba 3 Bible stories in his room while Ceej the Destructor tears Bubba's room apart.... After a pit stop (potty) we pray and I tuck him in for his nap. Thank goodness he was tired and went down nicely.

2:24 pm
Leave Ceej's room after 3 books and a diaper change. I use to nurse him to get him to go down for a nap... but I really am working on weaning him!

2:45 pm
Ceej is freaking in his room... I go in, lay him back down, paci back in, covers back on, and wind up his music and leave. All w/o saying a word to him or even really looking him in the eye... It's naptime and this Momma means business!

2:45- 4:15 pm
I type up this blog!!! Yep I'm doing this right now :) I like to type it up during the day and then usually go back at night or later and add the pictures and any revisions later. I think I'll relax and watch an episode of hoarders while I eat some ice cream :)

Yep that's right I ate it directly out of the tub!!! (it was almost gone...)
For all you people out there thinking Stay at Home Mom's just sit around eating bon bons... well yea maybe sometimes we do.. when the day goes well and kids take their naps... we need a break too ya know?!

4:15 pm
I hear Bubba from his room. Sometimes there is confusion on when he can get out of bed.... he tells me "I was waiting for my clock to turn green!" I remind him it only turns green in the morning-time... he can just get out of bed in the afternoon when he wakes up from his nap. (Don't worry after 2 hrs I usually go in there and get him anyway).

He has a minor fit b/c for a snack he wants mac-n-cheese, but it's almost dinner time and he did have that for lunch. He calms down after I give him some Pea snaps..... We head outside with the monitor to play. I can't believe Ceej is still napping?!

4:45 pm
Ceej awakes from his 2nd nap. I get him ready to head outside as well. Just as I'm finding his lost shoe in the car Daddy is home!!!!!

And I'll leave it at that.... this day was not typical......its not every day Ceej takes 2 naps and Bubba goes down w/o a fight :)... but it is what it is..

3 comments:

  1. lol at your picture of the lunch meal. Was that for bubba or ceej? GG literally eats three times that ( a whole can of green beans, a whole can of vienna sausages, etc). Then asks for a banana and three cookies and eats all of those, too.

    -FLH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I can see why you are glad when hubby gets home. lmh

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal was Bubbas! And it was a struggle to even get him to eat that... I'm a little jealous GG eats as well as you say... Ceej is pretty good most of the time... but it can be hit or miss?! Doctor's say kids eat what they need... so I guess that means GG is very active and needs alot :)

    Love my lil nephew!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)