Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Waking to the sounds of.... everything?

I sleep with a white noise machine every night. I am quite possibly the lightest sleeper in the world. I wake up to the slightest noise. Whether its Mango jumping over our child-gate in the kitchen.... a motorcycle driving by outside... or children crying in the night... (or a beeping smoke detector!!) So when I woke up to the sounds of... well everything yesterday morning I was a bit disoriented.

The power was out.

Gotta love waking up bright and early and realizing you have no power. JDub was in the shower... I could hear the water running... Ceej was beginning to wake in his room as well. Bubba, who is also a light sleeper, always has a fan running in his room at night to drown out the noise... but of course his fan wasn't on either. So there it was, Monday morning, no power, 6:30 am, and I have to deal with it. We get in a routine around this house... Wake up, preferably at 7:00........ get Bubba his milk, turn on the TV and watch cartoons for 30-45 minutes... This time is really for me to wake up, start my day. But that didn't happen yesterday...... no power = no TV. Having a power outage is really hard for an almost 3 year old to understand. "Can we watch TV Mommy?" I heard that too many times to count yesterday. We couldn't even go downstairs to cool off b/c its soo dark down there w/o lights.

We managed though... It was kind of nice in a way. Back to the basics for play! I did however have to call in reinforcements from my friendly neighbor across the street. Oh yes... they had power over there! I called around 9:30 and said "I am in desperate need... do you have any coffee?!" Thank goodness she did.. she even made me my own special pot! I really do need to send her a thank you... I was dragging bad and needed it :)

JDub brought us lunch... mainly b/c I had already opened the fridge a few times to get milk/juice for the boys and didnt' want to ruin the $100 I just dropped at the store! Then around 2:30 we all took naps...even Mommy! The power finally returned around 4:30 pm...  Last night I even started my new sewing project!! Recycling at its best. I have to finish up a little more sewing and then I should be able to post about it later today.

All in all my Monday was off to a rough start... but it turned out ok by the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)