Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Look what I can make!?!

Ok so thanks to my mom.......... I officially took my first sewing class?! They have a nice sewing center (Pine Needles Sewing) on the NE side of Cedar Rapids. My mom got me a gift certificate to take a class. I did the beginner class b/c the things I have been doing are just things I've taught myself... I don't know if there's really a "right" Or "wrong" way to sew... but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see how it would go!

Overall I'd say the class was good.... I did learn a few things... and look at this fabulous bag I made!!!!








My only complaint is it was the lady's first time teaching the class.... so that was a bit of a bummer. I mean the first time you do something is never the best time you do something. She was fine really, and very nice,, I shouldn't complain. There was one other lady in the class too. She brought her own machine... I just opted to use theirs b/c I figured it would be nicer than mine and OMG let me tell you it WAS nice... a little too nice after I found out the price tag (over $3000! can you believe?!). It was a Bernina... oh man in my dreams..... if I ever win the lottery or something (can't really do that when I never play.....) But yea it was beyond nice... it was incredible. It could do so many more cool things than mine... but then again I do have a sewing machine... it works perfectly fine. and well my sis isn't acting like she needs it back anytime soon so I'll keep using it!

I asked the lady if I could make the bag have a pocket before sewing it all together... and she looked at her watch and said ya... I don't think so... so that was a bit of a bummer too. I mean I can always add one later.. which I intend on doing. I just didn't want to have the seams on there! Oh well. It was still fun that's for sure. They have another class for making aprons and a zip-n-go tote! I might have to try those at some point too!

So on another note........ Bubba's 3rd birthday is quickly approaching! When I asked him if he wanted pirates or dinosaurs he said dino's! So I started researching and looking online for fun dinosaur stuff. I came across this fun blog with tutorials and all! And I made this with my scrap material from the bag!



Isn't he cute?! Here's the link to the tutorial that had the pattern for this cute dino :) Plush Dino

I'm really bummed out that I can't find these eyes anywhere else?! I got the last pair at Hancock fabrics today... Does anyone know where to find safety eyes?! Michael's didn't carry them either... I'm planning on making them as party favors... but that task might be a bit much!! His party is only weeks away?!

4 comments:

  1. I get my eyes on ebay- normally for a decent price :)

    Lovely dino! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!


    now, clean your stove!!! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anathema! I might just have to check them out on there...

    As for my stove... I know I almost said "please don't look at my stove!!!" but then I thought that would draw more attention to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I post the dino pic on my blog to show others it can be done?
    It really encourages people :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)