Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boo Netflix... I'm mad at you :(

I know most people don't like change.... I usually don't mind a little bit of it myself... but Netflix... you're killin' me! Why do you have to change a good thing? Ok, maybe I should take that back, you're not necessarily "changing" the plans... you're just jacking up the price for what I already have :(

When I first joined Netflix it was great! You could get unlimited DVD's out (one at a time, or 2 or even 3 if you wanted to pay more) every month. They had some stuff you could view online, on your computer, but it was pretty limited. Then came the instant viewing on your XBox. And that was great. I was liking the changes Netflix was doing. Now I could watch shows and certain movies on my big TV as well! And then it went downhill from there...

A few months ago they increased their rates... not only to new customers, but existing ones. They claimed they were offering more movies instantly and needed more cash for that... or whatever... I don't even think they claimed anything they were just like here starting next month your price will be this______! I wasn't that upset b/c it was only a couple of dollars a month. We could handle that.

JDub and I even bought each other a Roku for our anniversary so we could watch shows and movies on our TV upstairs too!

And then came the big blow....... Not only are they increasing their rates AGAIN, but they're splitting up their plans... While before I could get 1 DVD out a month (unlimited meaning as many times as I can watch it and get it back out in the mail to get a new one) and instant streaming to certain devices, now I can either stream... or get a DVD in the mail... not both. Oh well wait I could get both... for double the price...

So that leaves me here... wondering what to do..... I use the streaming more frequently and easily than the DVD's.... but not all movies are available instantly... I might just have to cut it down to streaming only...... and resort to REDBOX.... I just loved having them delivered to my house and not having to wait in line :(

1 comment:

  1. I would just cut down to streaming in your case since you have the Roku. And use redbox for everything else. You might just miss out on some TV shows, though.

    We are on the 3 at a time and streaming and we are going down to 2 at a time and streaming If they raise prices again we are going to drop them entirely because I am sick of how they keep raising prices.
    flh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)