Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bendometer

I know... that's not a word... or an acutal thing.... but I really think they should make one... kinda like a Pedometer... you know those little things you clip on and it keeps track of all your steps? Only this one would keep track of how many times I bend... Remember when that was the rage?! I think I got a pedometer in a happy-meal once?! All I feel like I'm doing all day long is bending over...... bending over to pick up a toy... or food Ceej has thrown on the floor... a child... putting laundry in, taking laundry out... etc etc. I swear I bend over 300 times a day. And you might think I'm exaggerating... but I'm not... unless its a day I'm being particularly lazy and not picking up that is... somedays there are toys/food/shoes all over the place and I just let them stay for the day....

Here's the thing too... You're suppose to "bend at the knees" right? Not at the waist. It's better for your back or whatever. So whenever I do try to bend at the knees..... MY KIDS ATTACK ME! They literally jump on my back, throw their arms around my neck and choke me! Sometimes I'm able to regain my balance w/o fallin on my rear, but most of the time I fall back onto them! Then they get all mad at me like its my fault I fell over on them... I blame JDub for this! He's the one always on the ground wrestling... What is it with boys and their wrestling and tackling? I don't get it!

But I'm starting to wonder if bending over constantly can be some form of exercise.... Remember back in the day at school when you'd do those one workouts... oh crap what are they called?! Where you bend over and put your hands on the ground... shift your weight and throw your legs back, then bring you legs back in and then to a bend and stand up again! Are they burpies?! Is that what they were called? That's what is coming to mind to me right now anyway. But they were a legit exercise right? I'm sure I have to suck in my gut while I'm bending over to really get something out of it. Maybe I'll try that for now.........

Oh and I totally just googled "burpie" and came up with "burpee" (thus the picture above). See he's bending at the knees like a good boy... I remember doing them touching my toes......... maybe they had to "upgrade" the burpee for those with bad backs?!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
I did wear my new dress to that wedding this weekend!! It was a hit :) I'm glad I made it short cause WHOOO BUDDY it was a HOTT one!! (the AC broke at the reception... I think it was up to 90 degrees in there!!)

Thanks to all of you who came up to me and mentioned you read my blog :) It's fun to see/hear who's reading and that you like what you read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)