Monday, June 27, 2011

Safely driving me crazy

Why is it that the things in our life that are there to protect us.... drive me CRAZY?! Case in point.... the smoke detector.

The dreaded beep always comes in the middle of the night. Not during the day.... its NEVER at a convenient time... but instead in the middle of the night! Its not enough I'm half asleep... and already been woken up by Ceej throwing his paci out of his crib and then having a fit b/c he doesn't have it anymore! It's right beside our carbon monoxide detector that also acts up so I figured it was that beeping in the night! I'm not tall enough to reach the smoke detector... and don't even know how to get the thing to open! Then I have to convince JDub to deal with it who's mad at me b/c of course he was sleeping through the whole ordeal! How can men sleep through anything?! Its not fair.... he's snoring away while I'm trying to ignore the high-pitched BEEP... that echoes throughout our hallway at weird intervals.

Have you seen that episode of friends where Phoebe is messing with her smoke detector? OMG hilarious... I totally know how she felt ... been there... done that... several times :) Although at least I didn't smash mine to pieces......... sure felt like doing that though!


Then there's the carbon monoxide detector..... I kid you not, I threw the thing outside a couple winter's ago. I am not one to waste money... at least not on purpose... but the stupid thing was beeping uncontrollably one day. JDub was at work..... It was freezing and snowy out I couldn't go anywhere to get away from it.... So I put the stupid thing in a Ziploc baggie and threw it out in the snow! I tried my best to get it to be quiet but it was not working. So yea... that's how I deal with things sometimes... but JDub figured it out and put it back in after it thawed out :) No money wasted afterall... just my sanity gone for a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)