Monday, June 6, 2011

refashions on hold...

Well I made an error in judgement over the weekend...... While trying to re-do a mirror for the car I decided to sew through Velcro... which wouldn't be a huge deal if it was sew-on Velcro. This happened to be the sticky-back kind...

See I bought it initially to Velcro some boxes to the TV.... see there's really no where else to stick them (the entertainment center is full of pic frames and our DVD player) Mango likes to sit on top of the TV and knock those down... until now :)


So when Ceej (the destructor) broke our other mirror, I thought I could fix it to work another way! But when using the Velcro... I didn't think about the adhesive and now my machine is out of commission :( I am hoping a little bit of Goof OFF will work and I'll be back to sewing in a jiffy... but who knows... I'm sure I'll have to oil the machine and all that jazz to get it back in working order.... So for now I'll be doing some hand-sewing... mending if you will on some clothes I know that have some holes!!!

at least this mirror works now...
IN OTHER NEWS.........

Ceej received his first official haircut over the weekend! He is no longer my baby... but my little boy *tear*.

I am now addicted to Cheez-IT DUOZ, the Sharp Cheddar/Parmesan (thanks a lot Mom....)
*Not to be confused with the smoked cheddar/Monterey Jack those are nasty.......

I should have another creation to show you soon if I can convince JDub to help me with it tonight :) No more sewing required for that one!

We are still kicking butt at my church softball league! I have to Ump tomorrow though... a little worried about that one...

Please be praying for my friend Laura, she is in surgery as we speak for a lumpectomy for breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)