Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jesus loves the little children

How is it that an almost 3 year old already knows to call people a poopy-face..... I know for a fact I haven't called anyone a poopy-face in this house... I'm pretty sure JDub hasn't either.... I know he's around other kids at MOPS.... and grandparents.. but jeez... Its like they know when it comes to poop and pee they have to try and make it funny.

How is it also that once kids are mobile they go straight for the TV remote... or the clicker as I prefer to call it. How do they know its something they need to grab and push buttons? They even know to point it at the TV!?

Kids catch on quick! Sure certain things like obeying and showing respect don't come as easy.... they might need a friendly reminder... but there are times when they get it and they remind you as well.......

I'll admit I am quick to over-react at times... I'm human... especially if I haven't had much sleep! So the other day I'm playing Super Nintendo. Yes you heard right! Super Nintendo :) Super Mario World with Yoshi and everything! I have to say the purple Yoshi that flies is my favorite...

Anyway its just me and the boys. Bubba was watching pretty intently... but Ceej just felt the need to crawl all over me, take my controller away, and block the TV! I was getting pretty frustrated. Finally Ceej did it... he messed with the game console and the game when black (or blue technically). I freaked! I went "CEEEEEEJ! AAAAAAHHH!!" To which Bubba calmly responds... "It's ok Mommy! Ceej didn't mean to, it was an accident. We can play your game again later." And thankfully I realized what a baby I was being and I said "Yep, you're right! Thank you."

Proverbs 14:29; 15:18
14:29 The one who is slow to anger has great understanding, but the one who has a quick temper exalts folly. 15:18 A quick-tempered person stirs up dissension but one who is slow to anger calms a quarrel.

Mark 10:13-16

The Message (MSG)
13-16The people brought children to Jesus, hoping he might touch them. The disciples shooed them off. But Jesus was irate and let them know it: "Don't push these children away. Don't ever get between them and me. These children are at the very center of life in the kingdom. Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in." Then, gathering the children up in his arms, he laid his hands of blessing on them.



It's no wonder Jesus loves little children so much. And hey its nothing like having a 2 year old put you in your place either....

2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog today. Out of the mouth of babes . . . . . . . . lmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post Laura. Although, with my son (G) it definitely would not have been accidental that my game was disrupted.

    -flh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)