Thursday, June 9, 2011

Big Ed's Pizza

The sewing machine is back up and running thanks to some TLC :) (and a little goof off and oiling)

Here's today's before photo!!
Sorry I didn't get a photo of this one on... I barely got JDub to take the after ones! But it was a Large t-shirt. Big Ed's is a yummy pizza place down in Oak Ridge, Tennessee!! That's where my parents are from so they grew up eating it. We try to go whenever we visit down there :) I acquired this shirt from my sister! She was cleaning out her and her hubby's closet and her hubby didn't need this one any more... sweet deal for me!

Initially I wanted to have this shirt resemble another shirt I got from good ol' Wal-mart!!! I HEART this shirt... I pretty much wear it whenever we're going out somewhere :) Here it is laying on top of the Big Ed's shirt....

I kind of mimicked the shape of the shirt by using my marker and tracing around the edges then cutting the shirt. I had to eyeball the neckline myself... but later tweaked it one I had tried it on...

I mentioned initially I wanted the shirt to look like my other one... but then I remembered my other one has a spandex quality to it... and this one doesn't!! Too bad I realized that after I already cut the other pieces off! So instead of sewing those pieces back on I thought I'd rummage thru my scraps and see what I had!

I had half of an old red sweatshirt that I used for my t-shirt quilt a while back and cut some triangle pieces for the sides.... I made a new hem on the sleeve I cut and sewed down the sides to where I wanted the triangles to come in...
 
I have to say it's very comfy to lounge around the house in!! I wanted to try out this shirring technique I've been reading so much about.... but I kinda chickened out. Maybe next time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)