Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Artwork

I have no artwork in my house. Actually there's really not much on my walls to speak of at all. A few photo frames, some stars..... Its not that I don't love art?! I mean I do. Its great.... art is beautiful, its inspiring... all that good stuff. Its just too much money for me. I am a cheapo!!! So when I saw this lovely piece of artwork in the bathroom of a yummy little coffee shop in town (Heeeeeeyyyy Witte's End) I was inspired. I snapped a photo of it and decided I'd try to make my own!

Original inspiration!!!

Now its hard to tell, but this is a rather large canvas... I already had some smaller canvases that were previously painted. I decided to put a fresh coat of white paint on them and went to town from there....

After I painted two coats of white you could still see the outline of the original painting on there!! I went ahead and painted the whole thing brown. Then I used the brush in the corner of the photo to kind of "sponge paint" around to create different textures.

I used some red, orange, and a little white to create some flower petals. I forgot to look at the original inspiration before I started........ I wish now I would have done six petals instead of just the five.... but oh well. If the paint was too bright I would just throw a little more brown on top. I acquired some paints from my mom who is remodeling her kitchen and a bedroom (yay free stuff!!!).... and it happened to have some glitter in there too!! I still like the original painting better. The glitter in the middle is darker and therefor more subtle. Maybe I will try again since I have 2 more little canvases to work with!

While Ceej was napping Bubba and I worked on these :) It was fun and after Bubba finished I decided his looked like a tornado. So that's what we went with. He wanted me to color the different rectangles in the corners too.


I still think it will look pretty neat in my living room :)

1 comment:

  1. Bubba is a great abstract painter. Rectangles in the corners are a nice touch. I think you should hang his by your sewing machine for inspiration. Your flower turn out great too. But very impressed with Bubba---Jordon

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)