Saturday, May 14, 2011

Teach Me Time clock

I saw the brother of this clock... the OK To Wake Clock! On a website one time and thought it was genious!!! The clock turns green when it is "OK to wake" for your child. They seen the green light and they know its ok to get up! Bubba is an early riser... pretty much he sees the sun shining and thinks sweet! Its morning time I'm going to go wake Mommy up. Only problem with that is once day-light savings happens it can be bright at like 6:00 am! I am not a morning person.... so I really don't want to get out of bed any earlier than I see fit! So I got this American Innovative Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock and Nightlight. I read reviews and most people said while the OK to Wake Clock was great.... this clock was a step up and did more than just turn green.

As you might be able to see from the picture above This clock shows digital and analog time simultaneously, or separately, whichever you prefer. You can push the button on the right and it will tell you what time it is! Bubba really enjoys this feature :) I have to turn the volume off at night otherwise I'm sure I'd hear it talking all night long! It glows yellow all the time, which some reviews really ripped on....... but I don't really see the problem. Bubba usually has a night-light on most of the time anyway. Or at least he did, brother Ceej has now inherited the monkey lamp for his night-light since this clock kind of doubles as one.

Here's the boys enjoying the new clock! Both Bubba and Ceej took turns pushing the button to see/hear what time it was.

NIGHT ONE with the clock didn't work out as well as I had hoped... it seemed like Bubba had forgotten about it and just strolled on out of his bedroom... found his water cup and started chugging it in the hallway... I rolled over and saw it was before the 7:00 am green light! It went a little like this....

Me: Bubba.... its too early. Is your clock green?
Bubba: Huh?
Me: Honey... remember your new clock? Is it green right now?
Bubba: No.....
Me: Ok its too early... now go back to your bed and wait for it to turn green please.

Which he did... so at least it kind of worked.... he didn't even put up a fight! Due to programming error I rolled back over a little while later and saw that it was after 7:00 am and he hadn't come back out. I went in and the clock wasnt' green! At first I thought great... it didn't work! But it was just me... I didn't have it on the right setting. I should have had JDub do it! But I got it to turn green anyway and then we were up!

NIGHT TWO was perfect! After figuring out how I needed to have it set it was all good! It worked perfect. Bubba came out of his room right at 7:00 am! I'm almost thinking I might have to change it to 8:00 am on the weekends... but I suppose that is asking a bit much.

I highly recommend this clock! It even has a teach me time game on it... I haven't messed around with it yet, but I'm sure Bubba will love that part too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)