Monday, May 2, 2011

Sister-to-Sister series

I really get into book series... Well good book series anyway... If I get hooked by the first one then I have to keep reading the others! I came across this ebook called Stuck in the Middle. It's about a middle sister (of three) and her life being stuck in between 2 sisters who seem to be on the right track when it comes to their lives. This book is about Joan, who's older sister is married with a babe on the way... and her younger sister is very driven by her successful career in marketing. Joan's still living at home with her mother (her father left when they were younger) and grandmother who is a widower. Initially I opted for this book because it was FREE at the time... I didn't even know it was a christian-fiction author!


First of all I can relate to this book... b/c I'm a sister of 3 girls! Grant it I'm not the middle child... but I can still relate. I like the character of Joan, and the rest of the family as well. I really don't like spoiling anything... so I don't want to give too much away. But she meets a guy who is religious... and she starts re-thinking her life, and where its going... or rather where it isn't going! Sure she's grown up in a family that goes to church regularly... but she's never really been on fire for God! Or had that great of a relationship with Him. Which I can relate to myself. I've had my moments of being on fire... and then my moments of being weak as well. God says he'd rather us be on fire or cold... NOT lukewarm.

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
-Revelation 3:15-16

This book really helped me to remember what's important in life... not the everyday stuff going on.. but actually living your life to fulfill what God wants for you! Grant it we can all get bogged down by the little things surrounding us... but try to remember the "big picture"... and don't forget to maintain a healthy relationship with family AND your Heavenly Father as well! It was a refreshing read... and I of course had to buy the rest of the "sister-to-sister series" to see how God influenced the rest of the Sanderson sisters too :) I highly recommend it if you are looking for an up-lifting, fun read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)