Thursday, May 26, 2011

NO SPECIAL FEATURES?!

Ok... get ready for a rant!

One of my favorite things about renting a movies happens to be watching the Special Features after I've watched the movie itself! Sometimes they have great blooper reels.. or just fun behind the scenes stuff! Sometimes I mildly enjoyed the film, but after watching the special features it makes me appreciate all that I've seen a little, or even more because of all the work or the story behind it all!

And then there's this....


"This disc is intended for Rental Purposes and only includes the feature film"
"Own it on Blu-ray or DVD to view these bonus features and enhance your movie watching experience"

What a load of crap... I mean seriously. You don't make enough money making people pay $18 a pop at the movie theater or renting the DVD alone? No fair... I am totally bummed now. What happened to the good old days when I could rent a movie and keep it for as long a I want and then return it when I felt like it. I was hoping it was just a fluke but now it seems there will be no more Special Features for me to watch :(

What's even more annoying is the fact that they have a menu for their Special Features right there. So you know exactly what's missing.....

I mean what's next? Is it going to be like Hulu where they let you watch 10 minutes of a show and then you have to pay to see the rest? They let you watch the first half of the movie and then say... "Purchase this film on Blu-Ray or DVD to see the end of the movie?"

What some crap....

And furthermore... this crap about only having the special features on the DVD you purchase is NOT going to make me go out and buy the movie.. it makes me want to buy the movie even less....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)