Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Flips flopped...

Well I missed the Old Navy $1 flip flop sale..... kinda made me sad. So I took my old flip flops from the sale last year and gussied them up a bit!
BEFORE                                                                                                                 AFTER














I had to buy the jewels.... I didn't have any on hand. They're from Michael's. About $3 for a variety pack. They're all different forms of flowers. Some you can glue on and others have holes where you can sew them on. I figured I might be able to use some for future sewing projects too!

I just got my hot glue gun out and went to town! My sister stopped by and I tried to do hers as well... once I got them done my lil neice spit up all down her leg and onto the shoes... once I started rubbing the spit-up off the jewels came with it?! Mine are still going strong... but I haven't been picking at them either. Her's were from Old Navy too... but blue. Not sure what the deal was with that... but her jewels just peeled right off.

I added some pics of hers too... even though they didnt stay... at least it didn't melt the sandals or something...

Thanks have to go to my friend "M" from church who gave me the idea! She just got back from a nice tropical vaca with family. Her daughters were going to make their own jeweled flip flops for their trip but ran out of time. Hope you can make some time to do them now that you're back! Summer hasn't even officially started yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)