Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brothers

I know I've heard it a million times.... how can two boys, brothers, who come from the same parents... be so different?! I guess it is different though.... Bubba had his first year all by himself... just him and me during the day.... while Ceej is rarely alone with me... its usually us 3 trekking along. Bubba and I still have our alone time when Ceej decides to take his morning nap.... but then there are days where he doesn't (like yesterday when he fell asleep while eating his lunch!) And we all have to play along... together.
I always preferred to play Luigi myself :)

Bubba:
His obsessions have changed over the passing months... he still enjoys water towers... and we even went on the other side of the street while on a walk last night with Daddy and he was able to touch it!!! But now he's more interested in bugs. There was a wasp that was trying to get into the house the other day. My parents happened to be over and my dad killed it. He tried to sneak it in a crack in our cement out back... but I knew that wouldn't work.. Bubba just went right over to it and started to dig his little fingers around in there trying to get it out. I of course had to dig it out with a stick and literally throw it in the trash just to keep him from examining it. We told him you can't touch his stinger... but you know how kids are... curiosity gets the best of them sometimes. We have an abundance of bugs in our yard it seems... from flies and bumblebees, to wasps and box elder bugs! Even while we were enjoying our Easter egg hunt for Ceej's birthday Bubba had to stop and look at the random bugs he would see along the way. I guess it could be worse... he could be scared of all bugs... but there are certain bugs you need to be scared of if you ask me!

He is sooo smart. I know I've said it before! :) I still get comments on how clearly he speaks, and how well he understands things. This is good and bad of course. That's usually how strengths are right? While at first I enjoyed his inquisitions... I find them draining my energy and getting on my nerves very easily these days.... Why did my balloon fly away Mommy? Where did it go?....... Do you remember when my balloon flew away? Why do balloons float?... I suppose I should be happy he at least got away from his fear of balloons! The poor kid use to go into fits if one came too close.

His eating habits have gotten a little bit better... sometimes I wonder how he has so much energy when he barely ate anything! And he is more willing to try new things! (Thanks to Sam I am.... Green Eggs and Ham :) ) Candy is always a good motivator too... if you promise a piece as long as he finishes his plate that seems to work 9/10 times.

Ceej:
He seems to be steering away from morning naps more and more often :( Although as I mentioned earlier he literally fell asleep in the middle of eating lunch yesterday! Which was not cool b/c then he wouldn't take an afternoon nap so Mommy didn't get a break!!! He is still getting up at least twice a night... I try the lay him down, no talking to him, stick that paci in, and start up his musical sea-horse.... it lasts for oh about 20 minutes and then he's wailing again. I'm still breastfeeding... just mostly at night and in the middle of the night. It seems to be the only thing that will get him to go back to sleep! I know I shouldn't give in b/c he knows oh she'll try laying me back down first, but then she'll give in!! I just am so tired. He goes down anywhere from 7:30-8:30 at night but I swear he KNOWS the second I'm about to fall asleep and he cries and I have to nurse him again...... around like 10:30 or 11:00ish whenever it happens to be... SO ANNOYING!! This momma just needs some good sleep. Its been too long since I've had uninterrupted sleep... but then again maybe as a mom you NEVER get good sleep anymore....... who knows...

Ceej is a walking fool. He is all over and into everything. He is my destructor baby. He is constantly ripping things up and making me re-examine how child-proof our home really is.... Funny how I could tell Bubba "No!" and he would actually listen... at least for a few minutes... unlike Ceej who just looks at me and basically laughs... haha mommy... you think telling me NO is going to work? I don't think so!!


I know with brother's they're going to steal each other's toys... knock each other down... and "rough-house" But mommy doesn't play that... I leave the wrestling for JDub or any other relatives that want to go down that road.... I know it almost always ends in someone getting hurt!!

OTHER NEWS:

I am playing softball for my church league. We've won both our games so far!! I've even scored and made it on base a few times too :).

I have several unfinished projects going on right now... a pillow.... a dress.... and an attempt to make a little purse-like object with some left-over sleeves. It just seems I never have the time to finish.... or the will-power! Maybe if my boys would take naps (Bubba would not go down for me today......) I could finish them up!

I managed to finish listening to the 7th audio book for Pretty Little Liars and have now started the 8th (and final book!). The girl reading is less annoying :)

I'm contemplating chopping all of my hair off.... it just seems to be so blah these days... and that's about it!!! Hopefully I'll have some more fun posts to come. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)