Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bday present or not?!

I had this dress from my days at UNI Singers! Of course we all had to wear identical dresses for concerts and what not. Very attractive right?!
I have been working on making it a new type of LBD (Little Black Dress) but am having some issues... so for now I'll tell you what I worked on instead...


I know... you're thinking what in the world is she going to make out of a sleeve and a victoria's secret bag?! haha!!!

Well my momma's bday is coming up... and I thought ooo I can make her a little clutch thing?! But after I finished the project I got to worrying she might hate it... and be all "what am I going to do with this thing?!" So now I dunno about it being a present... maybe I'll keep it... Or give it to someone else who likes what they see :) I do have another sleeve to work with!


I kept the bottom of the sleeve intact... I had some extra black material leftover from a quilting project a while back. I managed to sew one portion of a little pocket I added on the inside with the machine. It was a tight fit! That sleeve's opening did not fit around it very well. I was also able to use the machine to stitch the hard edges that were made after taking the sleeves off the dress.

I had to hand sew the side portions of the inside pocket, and hand sew some black material on the bottom of the purse.

Here she is all loaded up! I fit my cell phone (in my nifty pocket), ID, mini bottle of lotion, lip gloss and keys!

I added a button and elastic for the closure. I also had some flowers from a lei my boys had broken, and decided to spruce up the purse a lil! You might recognize the elastic that I used on my last project as well :)

Here's what she looks like when she's closed.......

And here's what she looks like from the other side!

It probably would have been good to add a stiffer fabric on the bottom... or perhaps some type of cardboard in between so the clutch took on a firmer shape. Maybe next time!? What do you think...should I still give it to my mom for her bday?! or not..... And I know she reads this blog.... but she LOVES spoilers anyway! LOL

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)