Friday, April 8, 2011

Pretty Little Liars book review

So I've been reading this series by Sara Shepard called "The Pretty Little Liars".......... See I'm trying to get most of my ebooks from the library for free... b/c I'm cheap!!! I know they say never judge a book by its cover... but I totally do.

I mean that totally looks like an awesome book! A lil barbie-esq red hott mamma if I say so myself... So I started reading... and I was pretty hooked with the first one. I read it in about 3 days! (They're all under 350 pages... but still a feat for a stay at home mom constantly bombarded with children and other tasks along the way..) Here I am... a few weeks later... waiting for the 6th book of the series (there are 8!) and its starting to tick me off. They have soo many loose ends going on... and they usually only tie up one by the end of the book to leave 10 hanging for the next one... its like watching one of those "To be Continued" episodes on TV... but instead of having just one more episode before they wrap it up... there's 8 more!

The series involves a group of spoiled girls in private school... It starts off when them in their junior year of high school, but it goes back to when they were friends in grade school too... they were the best of friends... but then one went missing!? And as many friends grow apart... these did too. Years later they all started receiving weird texts and emails... from a mysterious A. This 'A' threatens to out all their dirty little secrets... OR ELSE. Its very dramatic!! LOL. I love all the drama b/c personally I like to be drama free in my home :)

I like ebooks alot. I just love my nook... but these last 3 are audiobooks. Sure I've listened to "books on tape" or whatever before, but its usually when I'm driving in the car on a long road trip. So I'll have to see how it goes on my nook...

I'm almost to the point where I want to go online and read a spoiler... but I hate spoilers!! I guess I'll just have to wait! In a way it is helping me with my patience... which always needs a little help these days.

1 comment:

  1. There is a TV series based on these books...it's on the family channel.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)