Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Holey Green Tank Top Batman!

I pretty much live in tank tops around the house! Especially in the summer... So when I realized one of my favorite green ones had aquired some holes, I was kinda bummed. But then I had a nifty idea! Why not just cover the holes up with something else and no one will know... well now I guess they'll know... but yea.

So here's a pic of the holes... they were really small, but its not like I could just sew them shut w/o looking weird, so that's why I decided to cover them up.

I took the extra fabric I cut off from my Guiness shirt from St. Patrick's day this year and tried my best at creating some fabric roses! I just cut the fabric into little strips, having a flat end on one end... and a pointy end on the other. And then I just kinda played around with it.


As you can see the more I played around... the better the roses began to look... you can see my 1st one was not so hot... I hand-stitched them to make the fabric stay in place. At first I was using a light colored green thread but realized you could see it and it didn't look too hot. So I changed to a darker green... It took a while to get all these done... but I had a ton of extra fabric to work with. Hand-stitching was very time consuming.. I can't imagine sewing w/o a machine sometimes!

Then I did my best to arrange the roses on the shirt in a pleasant pattern. I've been working on this for a while now.... And its kinda funny b/c on http://www.newdressaday.com/ she even wrote about having holes in stuff too! I swear I didn't copy her... lol. But yea so here's the finished product!! I still have a ton of green leftover fabric I could make some more roses out of... and I might even make some more from time to time... and add to the existing shirt... but for now I am done! It took me forever.....


Again... JDub's idea of a good after photo is as far away from the piece I worked on as possible... so I did my own little closeup while layin on my hardwood floor in front of a mirror... I didn't realize how pregnant I looked before having him take the photo... but trying to get him to take another would be impossible...


1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)