Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Too much light!

So we first did the nursery almost three years ago before Bubba was born. We wanted (or I wanted... I think JDub could have cared less...) a jungle theme! We found these bamboo window shades at Menards or something. They were cheap and I thought they'd look ok in the room. I mean they do look fine... but they let waaay too much light in for my taste. Especially in the morning! We use to have the changing table on a different wall, but now whenever I'm chaging a diaper in the morning I'm being blinded by the sun! I finally had enough of it... so I decided to try something....

Here you can see all the light coming in through the shades. Its a little hard to see b/c I had to turn the light off... but yea take my word for it... its ALOT.

Here's what they looked like before from the back and top...

I ended up hot-glueing some extra fabric I had leftover from my pet bags I did for christmas a couple years back. Here's a couple of the bags I did...

 

And here's what the shades looked like after I glued the leftover fabric on....

And finally here is the finished product! It basically looks like they did before...

I didnt have enough fabric to go all the way down the shade... You can still see a little bit of light streaming in along with bottom there.... I don't have the same fabric for each shade either. But you really can't see the material from inside so I don't care. At first I didn't realize I needed to have the string on the outside... but once I got that figured it turned out pretty well! I'd say not too bad on my part. :)

I've only had a chance to do one shade... seeing how it took be about half an hour just to find my glue gun last night!? So hopefully I'll have a chance to do the other one tonight and Ceej's little eyes won't have the sun shining in too early!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)