Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

In honor of the day I have taken another shirt I found at Goodwill and decided to alter it! Here is the before... I can never get JDub around to take my pic.... or I start on these projects when he's not around anyway... I should teach Bubba how to take my pic... Anywho.. Here she is!

It was an extra large so I figured I would have enough material to play around with! First I took the sleeves off. Usually I would just cut them off... but I wanted them to remain fairly large for the change. So I took out my handy seam-ripper and got going.


Once the sleeves were off... I trimmed the neck off. I planned on hemming it like I did the last one... but I got lazy, and well the raw edge didn't look too bad to me either! I also took alot of material off the sides to bring it in for a close fit.

Then I took the sleeves and started gathering toward the top and pinning in place. I took each sleeve to the sewing maching and  stitched over the folds to keep them in place. Once that was complete, I pinned them to the shirt, and then took it to the machine to re-attach the sleeves. I wanted kind of a poof on the sleeves, to make it more girly.

I wanted it to be like a t-shirt dress.... something I could wear with my leggings I love so much! I really need to start measuring though... this was a bit tight across the chest.... I took a little too much off I guess! (my other gray 100% irish shirt I didn't take enough in!) Maybe eye-balling it just isn't my thing....

And here she is!
close-up of the sleeves...

So all in all not bad... but a lil tight too...Dont even ask what I'm doing in this pose JDub took forever to take the photo...

I wanted to head downtown for the parade today but little Ceej woke up with a 101.7 fever..... his nose is runny again, and well being outside is probably not the best thing for him... What am I doing wrong to have sick kids all the time?!

Well I hope you enjoy your green day. I made sure to sleep in green so I wouldn't get pinched this morning!

2 comments:

  1. You have done a great job teaching yourself to sew! It looks really good. lmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks awesome!

    -flh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)