Thursday, March 10, 2011

IKEA

A girls weekend without the kiddos was just what I needed! It was soo much fun. There was a lot of driving involved... but it was ok b/c we had Ke$ha and Lady Gaga to get us through! I dont know if I've mentioned but we are all sick in this household AGAIN. It is really getting ridiculous how sick we have been this winter... that is why I am more than ready for Spring. Even though I have no voice I was still rocking out/singing to them all the way!

I had a few ideas of what I wanted before we left for IKEA... which is really what I suggest you do... otherwise you will be running around like a chicken with your head cut off... it is VERY overwhelming being in there! I like the fact they have little measuring tapes for you to take and pencils and a list sheet. I ended up using all of them! I measured a few things at home before going (I knew I wanted some curtain rods for our bedroom and a stool for the bathroom). But then when I was there I found a few things I had to call JDub to measure b/c I didn't think about them before hand!

I got these cute little storage bins for Bubba's room. They have wheels and they fit perfectly under his bunkbed!

I knew I wanted some new bathroom mats... and ended up going with these. I really like how they look... but I am a little worried about them being white! Hopefully they won't get too dirty... And there's my new stool underneath in the little nook, so I can sit and do my make up too!

They have an insane variety of picture frames too. I wasn't planning on getting any.. but they were such a good price I couldn't help myself! I also got a duvet and 2 pillow shames for our bedroom! I've been wanting one... its been on my wish list for a while... but sometimes a girl's just got to give herself some stuff too right? I'm waiting to take a final pic once my new curtain rods are up in the bedroom too :) Let's see if I can get JDub to do that sometime this week.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend getaway! If anyone ever wants to roadtrip it to IKEA just let me know! I love that place. Next time I might have to go to the one in Chicago though... that way we can hit up a Container Store too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)